Saturday, March 21, 2009

baby blog

Sadie is growing up! She loves to eat and doesn't refuse foods anymore (ok every now and then she will turn her nose up to a fruit or vegetable). She's eating her mac & chesse with veggies in this photo and drinking chocolate milk! A new thing for her. She likes sweets most like chocolate. Loves cheese and water too (just like me), Carbs (her Gerber snack puffs) and basically anything we are eating. I must find a way to incorporate healthy veggies into her diet. Of course, this means I should be eating more veggies and less junk! Parents learn some hard lessons.
She is VERY close to walking! I know it! She cruises around and lets go and stands for a while by herself. Neil puts her in the grass outside to let her stand on her own. I guess it's easier that way. I've personally witnessed her standing without support for about 1 minute before falling down. She has taken a couple steps at daycare on her own. I guess she's more timid at home or knows she can play with us! I can't believe a year has gone by already and how much she's learned! She can say "mama" dada" "duc" quack" "dog" woof" "bye" hey"
(at least, we understand what she's saying). She also knows where her eyes, ears, mouth, and tongue are and sticks out her tongue when you say, "tongue" and makes funny noises with it! She knows of course "light" and points to lights in the house. She can clap her hands when you say "clap" and play "patty cake" and shakes things when you say "shake" . She laughs so hard when we chase her or play "peek a boo". Baby laughter is divine! She can blow kisses and feed her baby doll. They even told us to bring her doll to daycare because she eats better if she can feed her doll too! So precious!


I'm also trying to put her to sleep in her crib this weekend while Neil's working nights. She did it last night, but woke up about every hour until 12 and then came to my bed. I'm going to try again tonight and Sunday. But it's gonna be a long slow process. She's been in our bed since birth...so I can't expect to rush. Patience is not my strongest virtue but she's teaching me alot obviously.

I will keep you informed about the spring break plans. Today I am planning to come up to NC but that could change depending on money and Neil's work schedule. We love you!
Enjoy her Easter greeting card (have you ever seen a more beautiful happy baby?)









1 comment:

Earl and Gail said...

That's great that she's eating so well!!!! Joey is so picky. He rarely eats anything we eat. I always have to cook something separate for him. Good luck with getting her into her crib! Got the Easter card! We love it!!! She's precious. When Joey looked at the card he said, "She's wearing a dress."