Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Days

Sadie is growing by leaps and bounds, her little mind is like a sponge and everything she hears she must repeat and question. Her personality is a strong, sweet, and lively one. Lots of energy! One evening at our friend's house she ran around and around the coffee table...like she had to get all that energy out right before bed. She makes me burst our laughing sometimes with her antics! I know she's learning and studying, just waiting to show this world what she's made of. Of course, she already is showing us in her own little way and own time what it's all about ...S_A_D_I_E! It's her world, we just live in it! But what a fabulous world to share. She's such a blessing and miracle and all that's right with the world. When you have a bad day, you can't help but cheer up when you see that smile and tiny arms wanting to hug you.





Her new thing is following me around at my feet saying, "ohh mama" or "hold me". It's so precious. She is a mommy's girl for sure. Which is appropriate since she is a little mini-me.


This is a couple shots of her playing in the bushes and grass...being the constant observer of things. She amazes me daily with her intelligence and gentleness. However, daycare does rub off occassionally. Her class has a few who like to scream and hit (aggghhhh). But most are angels like her.


Updates on the adults living with Sadie: we are both back to work and loving it! (yeah right) School starts August 7 but I've been at work off and on since June. Neil is happy at SGS Petroleum and shift work.

We are currently in the process of closing on the condo and God- willing buying a house. It's an overall stressful experience but I am trying very hard not to kill anyone. (just joking, don't call the cops). All will work out as it should and we will deal with it like we always do, target -shooting innocent civilians and driving very fast and dangerously (again joking).



We had a good time in NC for 2 weeks (too long to be away) and Sadie is still confused sometimes, waking up saying all the names of the dogs that live in mom's house and asking for "Meredith" "Oma" I've confused her I think by staying so long away from her routine.
Anyway, she does miss her NC family (me too) and we will be up again for the holidays. Unless another hurricane blows our way. No, that can't happen right now it's very bad timing!
Love you all and see ya soon.

2 comments:

The Roberts said...

awww, wonderful post. Love the adorable photos!! and I especially love hearing what Sadie (and you guys) are up to. I'm trying very hard to get Joey back on routine after so long in Asheville, too. It's tough, but he's a trooper, like your angel.

Down in da Bayou said...

Thanks Gail! I've always loved reading yours and made my own...great idea!