Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer 2010



Ok it's been about 8 months since I posted a blog. We've had our hands full, but I guess with a new baby coming I should get back on the "blog" to keep family/friends updated. I know I love reading other friend's blogs...so I hope it doesn't get annoying. This is Sadie on the way home from the beach...her face says it all. 14 hr road trip? NO thanks! But she loved the sand, ocean and crabs!



Here's baby #2 at about 26 weeks? I'm having another ultrasound on Friday, and YES we are finding out boy or girl! I can't wait any longer. I didn't need to know with Sadie, because my instinct told me I was carrying a girl. This time, though, we NEED to know. I think it will help us narrow down a name, plus Sadie will know if she's gonna have a lil' bro or sister. She's not very interested. She says, "there's a baby in there" and knows she will be a big sister. But I don't think it's going to hit home until she has to share life with a new little person. But we know she'll be the BEST big sister ever! Just like me! (ha, ha).



Jennifer and Adam came down to visit us recently. Sadie loved having Auntie Jennifer here to read books and play with her. I think it was a good experience for Adam as well. He calls Sadie a "teacup toddler" because she's so tiny! We went to the Chimes and had some shrimp and corn soup, alligator and red fish. We went downtown to Tsunamis for the view of the river and bridge but didn't get to do that swamp tour they wanted... Alligator Bayou closed. But the next best thing, a boat ride on False River with the LeBlancs! Adam loved it! We stopped at a road side and got him some "cracklins' and boiled peanuts. Oh and drive-thru daquiri stands! No boudin, but we tried. They just missed an LSU football game, but we'll get um next time.



I'm starting a doctorate program in education (online) and have already begun a 3 hr. elective this semester. It's gonna be tough! But I will hopefully have my sabbatical granted before the baby comes. I applied for 8 months off from work, and it must be due to medical or educational. So I'm back to school for the meantime. Realistically I don't believe I can earn my doctorate for the time and money it will require, but Dr. Paula Hoover sounds cool..ha!

No comments: