
Well it wasn't easy...but Lacie is here! My pregnancy and delivery were pretty rough on me, I have to admit. But of course it's all worth it when you look into that face and see God's reflection! I was induced on November 12 around 11 am. I didn't go gladly into that...my OBGYN insisted because of my blood pressure and decels (baby heartbeat dropping) the night before. The pitocin they use to induce you is no joke! That stuff is strong and nasty! I went from 1 cm. 50 % effaced (to push you must be 10 cm. and 100%) at 11am to 5 cm. around 4 pm. And from there I was totally dilated 10 cm in under 45 min! Lacie was born at 6:44 pm after about an hour of practice pushes and actually pushing her out. Amazing what drugs can do. But if they tried that on a first pregnancy, the results would not be so grand (in my opinion). Watch the film "The business of being born" if you don't believe me.

Sadie was in the room the first minutes after Lacie was born, when they give you the chance to bond. Aunt Dana filmed it all...we need to see it! But she was very loving and very excited. She was wound up the entire time I was in the hospital. Alot of change for a little girl. Hopefully she gets thru this phase of "dethronement" and accepts Lacie into the family and fades out the hitting and temper tantrums. She will be an awesome big sister with everything she knows and her love of learning. I think she goes from loving her to hating that she has to share, sometimes her hugs and kisses are a bit too forceful, like aggression. Her "hits" aren't really serious but it's not something she has ever really shown us before. We have to make sure we give her more attention, more affection, more reassurance that she isn't being replaced.

One of the first thing's Sadie did was read her sister a story...the soft book that was a gift.Sadie is obsessed with books. She prefers that over any toy. Maybe Lacie will like dolls...but mama is kinda obsessed with books too so who knows!
Sadie and Lacie at home... Sadie obviously just had a bath. We are all in the bed together. Not a surprise to everyone that knows us. Lacie has a beautiful crib by the bed, but nursing is so much easier laying down and sleeping than getting up and putting her back. I'm lazy and it's my fault. I take full responsibility for the situation. Although the first night, Lacie did stay in her crib but as soon as you lay her there, wrapped up, she kicks and punches her way out of the swaddle and wants to be near the heat source. Sadie sleeps so good. She is out for good once she goes to sleep. We could move her to her bed, but I think we like having them here for now. One day (in the near future hopefully) they can share bunk beds.Lacie is a very calm baby so far. OR maybe the mama is calmer? I don't know. First time I was a nervous wreck and full of anxiety. 24/7. This time is easier because I think I know what I'm doing. At least with breastfeeding. That was a challenge with Sadie; learning how to do it and freaking out when it wasn't working. So that's easier. But Sadie and a newborn is hard work! Sadie wants attention constantly. And we give it to her, as usual. I feel like sometimes I'm neglecting Lacie because I know she isn't getting what Sadie got the first time. But it's okay. I know I we were over-kill with Sadie and Lacie is fine. Lacie squeaks alot when she nurses. It's funny and cute. Sadie wants us to read to her, play with her, swing her, just give her undivided attention. That is the issue now...undivided. It will be divided from this point on.
1 comment:
Love the pictures! I'm the same way with feeling guilty that Tanner doesn't get what Joey got as a baby. Enjoy your time off work!
Post a Comment