Saturday, January 8, 2011

fun with baby sister



Sadie emptied out Lacie's diaper bag the other night and decided to put some of the stuff on/around her...like my breast pads! lol. She's enjoying being the "big sis" more and more. She will make sure I don't forget her little sis in the house and lets me know she's crying, "What's wrong with Lacie?" or "Go get her!" and when I pick her up from school, and Lacie is at home, she asks, "Where's my baby?" She shows her off to people and friends. It's so sweet and cute, I could die from happiness.
This was my hope, that after the inital jealousy and "dethronement" and hitting phase...not her best moment., that Sadie would learn to love and care for her little and also enjoy her company! I can only pray they become besties like me and my littles!



This is her putting lotion on her head, she is imitating momma putting the eucerin on her face for a red rash. Sometimes I worry because she will cover her face with a blanket or cloth and I know she's only playing, but I have to pay extra close attention. She's trying to get her comfortable when she cries by putting her blanket around her. Awwwww...so tender-hearted. I think having a sibling helps build empathy (or the reverse on bad days!). But mostly she is now showing kindness and sweetness that defines who Sadie is. I'm so glad. Melts my heart.


And here's Sadie's headband she thought might look nice on her...





No comments: